TERESA IOMMI ESEBT (CERT) EQUINE BOWEN THERAPIST
Trained and Certified by The European School of Equine Bowen Therapists
Treating Horses In Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Cambs and Northants.
Welcome to the BOWEN FOR HORSES web site.
Bowen Therapy is fast becoming one of the most popular complementary therapies available.
Bowen is different to other therapies because:
1) Bowen works with the body, so results are long term.
2) It is a technique which deals with the root cause of a disorder, as well as the symptoms.
3) Bowen is very soothing and relaxing. Endorphins are released during treatment and the horse is usually seen to be deeply relaxed yet very aware of it's body. Watch his ears, and you will observe even during the breaks, your horse will focus on the area just treated and can sense change occuring.
4) It is very gentle and works with the body. It removes the need for hard and forceful manipulation. Instead it encourages the body to normalise itself.
During the breaks between Bowen moves, often the horse will reposition, stretch parts of his body or lean on the side of the stable wall as he adjusts himself. Clicking is sometimes heard as he releases joints.
5) Bowen is applicable to any part of the body. It helps to realign musculoskeletal problems and normalise respiratory, digestive, lymphatic and circulatory systems.
6) Bowen is excellent for helping horses with longterm and intermittent lameness.
7) For the competition horse, Bowen improves wind, flexibility, muscle tone and limb fitness. It increases energy and fine tunes the body. It helps normalise musculoskeletal problems that the owner may not have recognised but realises his horse is not performing at his best.
From a competitive background myself, I understand the stresses placed on the horse's body which are different for various disciplines. The higher the level of work, the greater the strains and risks placed on the body. Any injury needs to heal as quickly as possible.
There are many research trials conducted with the Bowen technique and the results have been remarkable.
Journalists regularly advise readers in their health columns to try Bowen therapy for various health problems. Often bringing a result where previous therapies have failed.
Please note that Bowen is not a form of massage. It works on a far deeper level than this and affects all the systems of the body.
It has been confirmed by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons that Equine Bowen Therapy is covered as a manual therapy, under the Veterinary Surgery (Exemptions) Order 1962.
**** See the results of the research trial of Bowen Therapy in the Competition Horse. Click on "Results" Header on left menu.***